Why You Should AVOID Lumbar Fusion if Possible:
1. In most cases, fusion should not be recommended
2. There are easier ways to treat back pain
3. Lumbar fusion can negatively affect the other healthy spine segments and accelerate degeneration
4. When fusion is absolutely necessary, there are newer techniques that are beneficial and can be used to avoid the traditional screw/rod system
5 . Misdiagnosis: there are many pain generators for back pain that are often missed, so fusion is not always appropriate!
* Ideally you want to avoid major surgeries like a lumbar fusion—however, in some necessary cases, lumbar fusion may be the most appropriate intervention for a patient. In these instances, our doctors are incredibly well-trained and have years of experience performing these procedures.
Interested in Scheduling an Appointment?
Either Call Us at 770-997-0600 or Fill out This Form!